Sunday, January 13, 2013

Longing 4 Length Protective Styling Challenge

Ebony posted about this challenge back in December and I planned to participate. Thought it would be good for my hair and my blogging goals.

And then I forgot about it.

I happened on a post Friday night that said that since she was a little behind in getting the official post up, entries would be extended until January 15th - that was for me!!!!


So this is serving as my official entry into the  L4L Protective Styling Challenge. It's on time for me for several reasons:

1. I am planning on my longest stretch EVER of 14 weeks. (The longest I've gone is 11, almost 12 weeks!)
2. I need to learn some other ways to style my hair while protecting my ends
3. I am stuck on barely APL and feel like I should have made more ground by now in my hair journey.
4. It will end just around the time I relax (if I can make the 14 weeks) and go on the Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage with my mommy. Ready to 'kill 'em' with swangin' hair and a bangin' body! hahaha

Here's my official beginning picture:
Relaxer Day December 22, 2012 - 8 weeks post
Relaxer October 27, 2012 - 11 weeks post



And these are the rules, just FYI:



Rules:
  • A protective style for purposes of this challenge is defined as any style in which your ends are not exposed or touching your clothing.  Buns, updos, french braids, french rolls, etc all count.
  • You may only wear your hair down for 7 days throughout the entire three months total!  Whether you choose to do one week, a couple of weekends or not at all – you only have a 7 day allowance.
  • Only one direct heat pass but try not to use it at all!
  • Protective styles means your ends must be hidden, so half up/half down ‘dos don’t count!
  • Must deep condition your hair at least two times per month.
  • You are not excluding from using fake hair – wigs, weaves, extensions, crochet braids, etc.
(And you don't have to blog to participate; you can submit through comments on her blog too!)

So here we go!!! 



1 comment:

  1. You have such gorgeous hair, and I love how thick and healthy the ends are!

    ReplyDelete