Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Progress

Most people have heard of Insanity - Shaun T's max interval circuit, high cardio, 60 days

People who make it through have great success. They drop lbs, clothes sizes, inches, improve fitness, etc.

So here's the deal. I am now on day 46 (tomorrow) of Insanity. I absolutely LOVE it. It is hard as everything, but every time I finish a workout, I feel so accomplished! I'm burning major calories per my polar ft7 HRM. Now to those successes others have.

At the end of 3 weeks - people (some) in my fb group had really started losing weight; others were down a pants size. If anything, my shorts felt tighter. mad BUT I had taken my measurements on day 1, so I had my husband do them again and I was down 7 inches overall. Okay, I'll take that.

- end of month 1: down 3 lbs and another 2.5 inches - making it 9.5 overall.
- Clothes still fitting the same.

Now I'm in the middle of week 2 in month 2. Month 2 is a beast!! I haven't done my measurements yet (I'll do those this weekend at the end of week 7) and I've tried to stay away from the scale because it has not moved more than 3-4 lbs (I still peek blushing )

I see myself everyday, so I still see my lovehandles and big stomach and back rolls that I'm trying to get rid of. I'm thinking they aren't going anywhere, I'm not losing any weight, my clothes don't fit looser - why am I still doing this?

I sure hope you can see the difference, but even if you can't, I can! I am sooo glad I took those AWFUL before/day 1 pics. (I even deleted them at first; my husband had to retake them.) I used them as fuel to keep going and now they are proof that what I'm doing is working. Do I wish I could say I've lost 15lbs or gone down 2 sizes, of course. But I also know that that has to come eventually. I still have a long way to go, but I'm heading in the right direction.

This is so far out of my comfort zone; I hadn't planned on showing these to anyone until I was a long ways away from my day 1, but I hope this helps someone who feels like quitting keep going. Every day you're doing something, you are improving! 



No comments:

Post a Comment