Monday, May 6, 2013

I did it! I did it! (in my Dora voice)

What did I do? Successfully stretch my relaxer for 14 weeks! FOURTEEN!!!! 

I relaxed on December 22, 2012 and had hoped to make it to Spring Break in March before I read about Ebony's challenge. I decided to go big or go home and try to hold off until my birthday (April three)!

You may recall that I had some back-up relaxer dates of 12 or 13 weeks post if the hair wasn't cooperating or doing well, but by week 12, I knew I had it in the bag!



***You know what I just noticed when I was trying to remember the date?!? That I'm already 6 weeks post! I used to relax at 8 weeks regularly and by this point would be stressing over my hair, but I didn't even notice. And that's with me doing Insanity 6 days/week too. This HHJ stuff is so awesome.***

Challenge results

Here were the requirements:
  • A protective style for purposes of this challenge is defined as any style in which your ends are not exposed or touching your clothing.  Buns, updos, french braids, french rolls, etc all count.
  • You may only wear your hair down for 7 days throughout the entire three months total!  Whether you choose to do one week, a couple of weekends or not at all – you only have a 7 day allowance.
  • Only one direct heat pass but try not to use it at all!
  • Protective styles means your ends must be hidden, so half up/half down ‘dos don’t count!
  • Must deep condition your hair at least two times per month.
  • You are not excluding from using fake hair – wigs, weaves, extensions, crochet braids, etc.

I, of course, did protective styles - mostly buns and my sister-friends. I added her to the mix with my straight 3/4 wig.

 I mentioned previously that I used my heat pass on All-Star Weekend and 2 of my down days that weekend as well. I used the remaining days when I went on my cruise the second week of April, but I actually bunned a couple of days too because it was so dang hot! So I think I only used a total of 6 days. I deep conditioned once a week on my Saturday wash days (even DCed on the boat!!!) I didn't even bring a flat or curling iron with me on the trip! Oh, how my life has changed honey! hahaha

Some hair shots from the Tom Joyner cruise


So there's my little update. Now it's time for me to harass my friends and family into voting for me because I want that dryer!!! 8^D

What? Oh, yeah, hair pics!



 At first I was thinking that I didn't really have that big of a difference, but I can see a little more hang time I think. I'm trying to let it grow so I can get rid of these thin ends. Just keep swimming.






5 comments:

  1. The challenge did a lot of good to your hair lol. Your retention is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some retention especially in your bangs. PSing for the win!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely see more length, congrats! And thank you again for being a part of the challenge. I just answered your comment on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good retention, your hair looks a lot shiner too :)

    ReplyDelete